Saturday 1 October 2011

Mr. Licentious aka Caleb The Cool Lawyer to the rescue

Yes, I am still stewing about The Douche.

But I so had to get this off my chest though. Lucky, help is at hand ...: Caleb The Cool Lawyer - and he's getting cooler by the second.

Serendipitous and auspicious thing really. Not least considering he is way cooler than the lawyer (yes, so insignificant now he’s been demoted to lower case) aka The Douche and pretty damn dirty in the bedroom, judging by his preferences on his profile and divulgence of his last affair to me.

 So I forwarded Douche’s messages to Caleb aka The Cool Lawyer for some legal clarity – and I so wanted to hear some one other than me acknowledge that he’s a complete tool!

Perfect Reply from The Cool Lawyer (Hmmm … perhaps this could be the start of Mr. Licentious: The Litigating Lover):
What a fucking wanker. It's pitiful really. Trust me, you have nothing to worry about. He is using the only weapon he has right now - his legal knowledge - to scare you because he is hurt that you didn't fall instantly in love / lust with him or his "arrangement".  
Tell him to fuck off. Don't ever use his name, but use his words as much as you like. He sent them to you for God's sake! What a fucking wanker.  
If he does try to force you to disclose anything (and I don't think he can) his shit will be exposed too. So I don't think you should worry.

He is obviously a pathetic little bitch whose ego you have deeply wounded. Ignore him.

What is Clause 9 anyway?

DO NOT WORRY.
I love Caleb more and more with each word I read. Anyone who takes my side is automatically up there in my list of favourite people.

Well, I read Clause 9 and it is typical lawyer talk - 1,200 words of legal jargon vaguely touching on everything and nothing (intellectual property rights, hate speech, pyramid schemes, advertising).

Okay, I might be no lawyer but there is nothing in there that he could latch on to – not by a long shot.

I read over the following paragraph several times but don’t see anything he could seriously use (was there?):
We are entitled to investigate and revoke a person's membership if a member has … behaved in a way which could be regarded as inappropriate … You warrant that you shall not post any Content to the Site that … :

(a) infringes upon the Intellectual Property Rights of, or breaches any duty of confidence to, any third party;

(b) reveals the identity or any personal details of any other user of the Service without that user’s permission;

(c) is patently offensive to the online community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;

(d) harasses or advocates harassment of another person.
Although, if Le Douche really wants to take me on, I think I might have a very good chance with the last clause: harassment. I mean he’s now sent me three slightly irate (beyond ridiculous) emails. And, at a stretch (or a very good lawyer), they could be construed I suppose as harassment. (I am a pretty good actress as well!)

On the other hand, do I really give a fuck?

No. And the writing on the wall is pretty clear: Me thinks some one has NOT gotten laid for a very long time.


And I do have better things to do, such as chat up Caleb The Cool Lawyer a bit more … Could be a very good idea to keep him sweet ... After today’s (almost) saga, who knows when he might come in handy!

(Note to self: Think about choosing lovers based on their professions in case I ever need them … or would that be considered a form of prostitution?)



"Lawyer /n./ Someone who can get a sodomy charge changed to 'following too closely'."

x

No comments:

Post a Comment