Sunday 4 September 2011

Could I be sued?

Oh dear …

So The Lawyer read my Dear Diary post “My Bad” today. I think its suffice to say, he is SO not happy!

So I deleted the post from my Dear Diary on The Sexy Site (let’s just call it TSS from now on, k?).

I’m such a coward, I know (but i must admit I am rather scared ... can he sue me for quoting his private emails to me? ... Let's find out ... wicked grin!).

And, since he very expressly instructed me not to quote his personal emails to me, I shall NOT quote him. I shall simply relay to you, dearest dearest Diary, what he … implied in his (in almost 600 words … yes, he had quite a bit to get off his chest) and how I FEEL about it …

Anyway, so just to clarify things. This is MY take and personal interpretation of the message I received this morning:

1. He was impressed with my writing and congratulated me on my prose.
2. He wanted me to delete my Dear Diary entry about him.

Oh crap! I so cannot be bothered with disguising his letter with my own words or pretend to construe and analyze this ridiculous letter.

(Dude … the guys who have read my Dear Diary entries don’t care who you are, I promise. This is a hetero site, remember? So, quite logically, they only ask for my email and name and pic! I can promise you that! I have been reading the responses to these diary entries, and not one single guy has displayed any interest in you. Only me.)

So instead I will let you be the judge. And if he sues me, will one of you guys – there must be a lawyer out there – defend me … in exchange for sexual favours? (Hee hee … I just got such a thrill there! I have ALWAYS wanted to say something seriously naughty like that …)

Subject: Oh dear

Hi E.



Firstly let me say that you write well. It was a good read.



On the other hand, and straight off the bat, I would like you to take down your post about me (and delete my photo).

A few comments...

I think you may have confused my shyness with aloofness or smugness. It happens to me sometimes. Bear in mind that we were both novices (actually I was more of a novice than you, it seems after reading about Mr. X.). So forget the "slug" business. We were both shaking.



Regarding the photo, that was taken only a month and a half before I met you so I am not sure how my looks deteriorated so badly over such a short time. I didn't even hand-pick that photo to flatter myself. Actually I thought it was unflattering as I was in a track-suit.



While I acknowledge (and appreciate) that you have taken steps to be discrete and to conceal my identity I am concerned that you have put quotes from my private e-mails in the blogosphere. You probably don't realise it but there are identifying features in those quotes. I am sure you would not have liked me to quote liberally from your e-mails in a "Diary Post", even if I don't know your real name.



Can we not look at the thing as the inevitable one that was never going to work, and out of respect for each other as fellow (novice) "explorers" just leave it at that. We shared some chats and e-mails and I made the effort to come and meet you (you neglected to mention that you had invited me for drinks one evening). So can we not, out of mutual respect, just write it off to experience?



The handshake was done purely out of respect for you. You had made your position clear, that you did not find me attractive and did not want to take things forward. For me to try to kiss you in those situations would have been a bit forward. And I am a shy guy, as you may be starting to realise.



Did you ever think that your 5am message might have been intended to protect ME? After all, you felt that it was "too rude" to leave after deciding I was repulsive but not too rude to tell me and the whole world the same thing after the fact and from behind the anonymity of a keyboard ....
 
I don't mind that you painted me as the villain of the piece. I do mind that you have taken something that took courage on both our parts and put it out into the public space for a bunch of assholes who would never have the guts to do what we did, so that they can feed vicariously off our experience.



So, long story short...you don't have my permission to copy or use quotes from my private e-mails to you, and never did have it. Taking into account all the above, please would you do me the honour (as someone who tried to make it work) of taking down your diary post and getting rid of my photo, and then I will be out of your hair.



I do wish you all the best, because I don't think you are a bad person and I think you have great depth to you.



Cheers,


HF.


… I wonder how much depth he thinks I have now - having posted in on the W.W.W. for all and sundry ...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment