Tuesday 27 September 2011

I so need a new cell phone

… reserved solely for potential lovers / hook-ups.

It is beyond disconcerting to hear your phone beep and you pick it up, expecting it to be a dirty sms or sexy phone call from a lover / potential lover, and answer ... only to hear your mother on the other side of the phone!

Or that feeling of my heart being in my mouth when I send an sms, wondering if by some fluke, I sent it to a friend or family member by mistake. 

Fyi: Worst feeling ever - as I discovered this afternoon. 

I received this sms from Mum:

“Good. Happy when you are happy. Please keep in touch.”

WTF?!! I haven't spoken to her in 6 days! Let alone sent an sms.

My heart started beating wildly. Okay, I had sent 2 sms's in the last 24 hours - one to Hunky Hugo and the other to The Shark

Eek! Had I sent something to the wrong address? Why did my mother suddenly think I was so happy? I had not sent her an sms regaling any such information or otherwise in the last week.

OMG! I was freaking out! I checked all my sent messages to make sure I hadn't inadvertently sent her something. 

I hadn't (Huge Whew!).

But things were now getting kind of complicated on my cell. It was no longer only Mr. X who had my private phone number. The list now included: The Lawyer (“Major Douche” from now on, I think, considering his recent behaviour – more about that later), Hunky Hugo, The Surfer and Sharky-Shark.

It didn't help matters that Mr. Maybe has two numbers, thereby only adding to the confusion. I mean I can only add so many numbers under “XX” on my mobile.

So that’s now six XX telephone numbers stored in there.

Technically only five guys, but six numbers … and counting.

But that’s still five too many on my "Real Life" phone.

x

I tried phone sex once, but the holes were too small.

Bumper Sticker

No comments:

Post a Comment